Saturday, April 2, 2011

depression and healing

So last summer, I was diognosed with depression. The year before was very lonely. I do not want to go back. I spent that year wanting someone to tell me that it is ok, that I don't have to resort to destructive behavior to feel the pain that was inside in a visible pain that was physical. There became a point when crying myself to sleep didn't really help. Or crying in general. The pain that was there was hard at the time but i didn't realize the full effects of it until I started to feel better. And now what is one of my greatest fears? Becoming like that again. I am learning a lot from the depression about myself. I am learning that eventually I stopped my self from feeling to much for others, I realize that I no longer cried that much. So now I am reteaching myself that I can cry and that its ok, and that I can tell someone how they make me feel, If someone hurts me then I tell them. I don't have to hide how I am feeling to make others better, the truth hurts, yes but it does help to make one more open and hiding feelings leads me towards cutting so I need to express my feelings, I know sometimes that I am not going to fall back into the hole that was opened last year, While it is left up to me not to fall back in that hole, I know also that i have people that love me enough to hold me back from falling to and if i do fall they are the ones that are going to be there to help me climb back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment